2-Time Canadian Olympic Athlete
Toronto born basketball champion, Tamara Tatham embodies passion, drive and athleticism. The best advice that she was given at a young age has become the words she commits to living by every day, “You have to work for what you want. Things will never be handed to you. Go out and get it!” She has used this same ambition to take her career to new heights and beyond.
Fly Girl Since
The Winning Team
- Pauleanna Reid, Career Strategist
- Safia Bartholomew, Creative Wordsmith + Publicist
- Samantha Clarke, Photographer
- Sherry Williams, Web Designer
- Camila Cerna, Graphic Designer
- Chenowa George, Graphic Designer
Tamara joined New Girl On The Block to assist her with life planning and career strategies. In preparation for the 2015 Pan American Games and the 2016 Summer Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, she knew it was necessary to brand herself in order to garner media attention upon her arrival back to Toronto as well as expand her growing empire.
- Weekly Skype calls to develop forward-thinking solutions to meet brand objectives, develop a sense of self and learn to navigate life transition
- Business Plan + Product Development
- Photo shoot + Creative Direction
- Biography Construction + Website Content + Media Kit
- Platform Development: Website & Social Media
- Build community partnerships
- Story angle strategizing for media pitching
- Introduction to key media figures and ongoing relations
- Increased confidence and self-esteem
- Killer photo shoot has been executed
- Social Media development (ongoing)
- Landed contract as a fitness video blogger for Everything Girls Love (@everythinggl +115K online followers)
- Successfully launched personal website
- Garnered publicity for her teams’ 2015 Pan AM Games Women’s Basketball Gold medal win with media outlets such as: byblacks.com, Brampton Guardian newspaper and secured the front cover and feature story of SHARE newspaper.
- Co-writing her first book with fellow Olympian sister, Alisha Tatham
The Bottom Line
Not one to settle for past success, Tamara is up for new and exciting challenges. Her athletic ability combined with off-court interests is what has lead Tamara to an unexpected journey – motivational speaking and the business of fashion.
Meet Our Fly Girls
Latest posts by NGOTB (see all)
- 7 Tips for Aspiring Christian Millennial Girl Bosses – Dennisha Rollins - February 20, 2018
- Self-Love Secrets from a former Self-Sabotaging Beauty Queen – Narley Karikari - February 20, 2018
- It Takes A Village: 3 Lessons I learned in the First 4 months of Motherhood -Shola Aladejebi - February 20, 2018